torsdag 27 september 2012

Why Bangladesh?

I just realized that I haven't mentioned why I'm going to Dhaka and what I will be doing there! :)

As a part of the psychologist program degree in Sweden the students spend (almost all of) the last semester writing a graduation thesis. This can be within a very large area of subjects. After a lot of thinking I decided to try and apply for one of the "SIDA Minor Field Study Scholarships" that the Department of Psychology offers every year. After being in contact with at least 30 different NGO's around the world, I got in contact with a Legal Aid Organisation in Dhaka that were interested in cooperating. Together we decided to focus my study on Help-seeking processes in Bangladeshi women subjected to Intimate Partner Violence (IPV).  After finally getting my application accepted in June I was lucky to get a superb supervisor in Ph.D Mina Sedem who has been, and will be, an enormous support in my study.

Because of it's sensitive subject I will not be writing about the study it self in this blog, but rather my experiences of living in Dhaka and traveling through Bangladesh.

If you understand swedish you can find more details about my study at
http://www.psychology.su.se/om-oss/nyheter/ida-martinsson-far-institutionens-mfs-stipendium-1.97809


Inga kommentarer: