fredag 12 oktober 2012

’Ain o Salish Kendra’ annual staff retreat!


Today I got back to Dhaka after spending three days in the serene country side just outside of the town of Savar. I was there because of the ‘Ain o Salish Kendra’ annual staff retreat, which is a conference the organisation holds once a year for all their employees ( everyone from the janitor and the tea- and coffee maker to the executive director and board members are there) and where they go through what each unit has achieved during the year etc. 

We left Dhaka on tuesday morning in four busses and arrived at the BRAC CDM Resort around noon. As serious as a ’conference’ might sound it was actually a blast! In between lectures and talks about budgets etc. were singing and dancing and everyone was dressed up in colorful salwaar and sarees the whole time and were so happy and giddy! Those bangladeshis sure knows how to make a conference into something FUN! :)

The staff arriving to the retreat.
A dressed up staff-member and Sunjida.


Nasima and the maintenance-man/(woman?:) )

The PsychoSocial Counelling Unit!
The retreat it self was really nice with beautiful surroundings and a fantastic view over bangladeshi landscape.


Gorgeous Jafrine.



Theatre, fun and games with the kids.





My supervisor- lovely Nasima- getting celebrated on her birthday!

Games!

Last night it was time for solidarity night, which meant even more music, singing, dancing, laughing, glitter & glam! Before it all started three of my co-workers helped turning me into a real Bangla-girl. They did the whole sh’bang with a colorful saree, golden necklace, earings, bracelets and make-up! I’ve never felt as glamorous before in my life! ;) 


Rakhi helping me putting on my saree!

All dressed up!
Runa, Rezina, Nasima, Me, Sunjida.



Most of the staff participated in some way in the performances, as did I. My contribution was singing an a capella love song in swedish! :) 

I have gotten the promision to mention the organisation’s name - Ain o Salish Kendra (ASK)-  here in my blog because I would really like to tell you all about their work. I was so inspired and impressed after hearing the passionate and intelligent staff share their work, that I would like to dedicate a later blog post to what I have learnt about the organisation during the conference. 

Inga kommentarer: