torsdag 4 oktober 2012

Thursday- Pheew, what a day!

Thursday was a bit of a challenge.

It started wednesday night with me not being able to get the AC in my room to work and had to try to and sleep in about 30 degrees celsius. On top of that, when trying to go to sleep, the roof fan kind of sounds like a helicopter trying to land in my ear. Needless to say, I didn't get very many hours of sleep that night. When I woke up and went to the kitchen for breakfast I was in a bit of a haze and forgot for a few seconds that the doors here lock from the inside when you close them and so did the door to my room. I panicked for a little while before I got a hold of my roomie who told me where to find the spare key.

 Running a bit late for work I caught the first CNG I could find. The traffic was pretty bad as usual and on top of that the driver managed to slightly bump into a motorcyclist right in front of a police officer who angrily demanded that he was to pull over so that he could write him a fine. Since we were in the middle of the highway I could not catch another CNG so I had to patiently wait while the police, the driver and the motorcyclist were yelling at each other in Bangla.

Once I got to work all was good thou. My colleges are such nice people and do an amazing job every day with their clients. After another traffic jam back from work I went to Gulshan 1 to find a mobile since the old one I brought broke. It was a bit of a hassle to find the right shop, but a little cute boy ended up guiding and following me there.

As I got home I was exhausted and ready to just lie in bed and just watch a movie. I just had about 5 minutes left on downloading a movie program to my computer and just as it was done the power went out (happens at least once a day here). My first massive pangs of missing my boyfriend hit me. I just wanted to teleport myself back to his house for a few hours.

You really need your sleep to function in this city. Fortunately the AC worked last night and I also got myself some earplugs and so when I woke up this morning after a good nights sleep I felt a lot better. In Bangladesh the weekend is on friday and saturday, and today Im going sightseeing with Hasan-the-Bangla-Angel!:) Very excited!!!

Inga kommentarer: