söndag 7 oktober 2012

অফিসে একদিন / One day at the office

I had a very nice start to the day today as I got the friendliest CNG driver so far! He had a big cheeky smile on his face and thou he couldn't speak any english at all, we both tried to communicate through sign language which went surprisingly well! When he wasn't trying to speak to me a was singing happy bengali tunes and his happiness was contagious. I was happy as a lark when I arrived at the office :)

My mood got even better after spending the day with my lovely co-workers. They are such amazing and ambitious people who really inspire me.

The counselors.
Standing:  Nasima Akter (supervisor), Runa Khandaker & Sunjida Islam
Sitting: Rezina Parvin (supervisor) & Roushan J Parvin (lawyer and department director)


Me together with my supervisors and the department director.

The whole organization is going on their annual retreat this week and since it will end with a party I decided together with my colleges that I needed a saree! One of my supervisors, Rezina, promised to help me with the shopping once we finished work. I can't even begin to say how thankful I was that she came with me! I would never have been able to find the right shops and get everything I needed at a reasonable price without her help. I bought a lovely saree in indigo and purple, a beautiful set of pearl (necklace, earrings and bracelet) and also a new salwaar. I can't wait to wear it all!


The Jewelry Shop owner who makes all the items himself.

The shop owners wife, showing off a necklace :)




Inga kommentarer: